Saturday 25 April 2015

A matter of perspective

As I watch my beautiful grand daughter
As I marvel at her tiny frame...
I see her climbing all over the place
I see her temper as it flames...
I look inside and try to understand her...
Try to understand her wish to simply be...
She sees so much adventure to be captured
She sees so many limitless possibilities
She is an amazing explorer as she travels
Along her little life my Lord to Thee...

It is all about perspective...
Hers and mine...
She wants to understand her surroundings
She wants to learn about everything...
I see the danger as she climbs up
I see the fall that will come along
But all she sees is excitement, exploration
All she knows is the need to test the waters
All she knows is the need to touch and feel

So how do I help her in her learning?
How do I guide her energy?
Though I must protect her...
Though I must try to guide her...
Surely there must be a way to allow her
To go about her exploration...
To go about her daily learning...
Without totally dampening her progress...
Without placing too many limitations 
Upon her newly budding industry...

Do I look upon her as a naughty child?
Do I assume that this is all there is to see?
No! If I look into her heart: yes deeply
I see a precious life: God-given...
I see a beautiful little angel...
God already knows exactly who she will be...
So as I look into her heart...
And love her for who she truly is...
I know we can become good friends, dear
When she grows up and becomes that person
Who she is truly meant to be...

I remember my own mother 
Telling me all about the "little me"
That little girl who climbed everything
Before her big brother ever even thought to
She was up and climbing that tree...
I was stubborn and demanding...
I was full of myself oh yes siree...
So why should my own daughters be different?
Why should this little grand daughter...
Be any different than her mother?
Be any different that her grandmother?
Indeed; why should she be any different than me!


No comments:

Post a Comment