Thursday 23 April 2015

The time warp

Went to the Night Train Theatre restaurant
More than just a few times in fact...
Had so much fun laughing at the escapades
Of those singers and actors up there on stage
We even celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary
At that place with our closest family and friends...
Crusty joked that you got less jail time for murder...
The meals were average...the entertainment better
We kept on going back simply to enjoy the theatre
The jokes, though crazy, did the trick it's true
It was just great to get out for a night I'm telling you
Once I was even dragged up on stage to join in
I was given a long black wig to put on my head
Had to pretend and play the part: all right in the end
Later on when the show was over and dancing began
I was grabbed again and tried to fit in with them all
We had to dance to the Time Warp...
From The Rocky Horror Picture Show...
I wasn't very good at this if you really want to know
You see I'm probably one of the very few
Who has never actually even seen that movie or show!



No comments:

Post a Comment