Saturday 18 April 2015

Fruits of the spirit

I asked the Lord for love dear
I asked for blessed hope
That in these times of darkness
Everyone should be able to cope

I asked the Lord for joy dear
I asked for understanding for you
That in this world of sadness
Everyone could know happiness too 

I asked the Lord for peace dear
I asked for all wars to cease
That in this world of madness
Everyone could harness their beast

I asked the Lord for long suffering
I asked for patience for all souls
That in this crazy angry world
Everyone could reach their goals

I asked the Lord for gentleness
I asked for sympathetic ears
That in this hard and dark world
Everyone could wipe away their tears

I asked the Lord for goodness
I asked for all mankind it's true
That in this world of hatred
Everyone could love one another too

I asked the Lord for faith dear
I asked for humbled hearts
That in this world so ego filled
Everyone could feel close to you

I asked the Lord for temperance dear
I asked for people to have a care
That in this world of drunkenness
Everyone should know and be aware

Galatians 5:22

No comments:

Post a Comment