Sunday 26 April 2015

Within my heart

I carry Bible quotes with me
Everywhere I go...
I have them written down
Yes...written on a piece of card
Though I only look at them fleetingly
I expect them to keep me safe
Protecting me from Satan's snares
Lest he should come upon me unaware

Every now and then
I fish them out to read out loud
But still I wonder
In dangerous times like these
Is it enough protection?
Will this save my soul?

Though it helps me to understand
All about dear Jesus and His plans
It is not enough to quote them
Here and there...
How much better for me
How much better for us all
We should have them written 
Within our hearts instead...
Thus...when danger rears its ugly head
Those precious words are there
Yes; right there within my head
Right there upon my tongue...
Ready to use as weapons
Blessing me, keeping me safe
Keeping me, from being undone...

When you carry a Bible
The devil gets a headache
When you open it...
He collapses...
When he sees you reading it
He faints...
When he sees you living it
He flees...
And just when you're about to 
Repost this by hitting "share"
He will try to discourage you...
I just defeated him...
"Share" If you are in God's army...

Romans 8:31
"If God is with me who can be against me?"

Phillippians 4:13
"I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me"

1 Corinthians 10:13
"God is faithful"

Psalm 91:12
"My God in whom I trust"

Matthew 4:11
"And the angels came to minister to him"

No comments:

Post a Comment