Saturday 25 April 2015

Harsh reality versus false hopes

Heard a quote the other day
Had me wondering: I must say
"It is better to live with harsh reality
Than with false hopes"

Harsh reality: is what this world is full of
Just look at the news each day
Sadness and loss in car accidents
People dying in wars overseas
Homeless people everywhere you look
People losing everything everywhere
Earthquakes and mudslides
Volcanoes erupting causing tsunamis
Poverty and starving in many nations
Deadly diseases taking millions of lives
For many there is no hope whatsoever...

False hopes: Have I been living with false hope?
Have I been praying for my mum's recovery?
Is this a false hope for me and my family?
Does trusting everything to the Lord...
Give us hope...is it real? 
I believe in the power of prayer...

At church the other day we heard a story
About a young man who was led astray
He took another with him into alcoholism
The church had to decide what to do...
Should they turn him out and leave him?
Or should they pray for his immortal soul
To be led back into the fold...
Give him another chance at redemption...

They decided to hold a meeting
They said they would pray for him night and day
They were rostered on to pray: each for one hour
For 24 hours they prayed unceasingly
Calling the next upon the list 
When their hour of prayer was done...

The young man could not believe that anyone
Would pray for him: that anyone would wake up
During the long night; just to pray for him...
The pastor showed him the roster...
He was amazed: "he hates me...
Why would he get up at 1 a.m. to pray for me?"

When we have faith in our Lord
When we know He answers prayers...
This is not false hope...it is faith!





No comments:

Post a Comment