Sunday 26 April 2015

Memories of Sister Celia

One of Celia's favourite sayings
"Eat yourself smart" comes to mind
She believed that we all had the ability
To eat well: to eat smart: for health
For our minds to function at their peak
There are so many foods God gave us
Designed to uplift us: designed to save us...
Temperance: eating sparingly of all good things
Nothing harmful was ever to pass our lips
Knowledgeable in herb lore and diet
Ah how I wish now I had asked her more...

Celia confessed to me one day
That she had made a grave mistake
In rebelling against her husband: her man
Every woman must take this in: understand
She was encouraging her daughters
To act like they shouldn't ought to
Obedience can be a chore
If your heart is not in it...
So please teach your daughters well
To help them avoid that hell
Of disobeying their precious dad...

They may well escape one day
But when Jesus calls them forth
What will show as their worth?
Will obedience to the Lord?
Be it of one accord...
Or will it be a chore for ever more?

Celia came to me one day at church
She returned to me my book of poems
Saying she no longer needed it...
She had the recorded copy 
That Brother Gary had made for her
She couldn't read well any more
For her eyesight was fading...

Sister Celia and Brother Peter
Died in a car accident not long afterwards
Rest in peace dear Celia and Peter
Missing you so very much here on this earth
But knowing you and your faith in the Lord
I know we will meet again... 
When Jesus returns and takes us home

I found this poem and notes I had written 
From October 2014



No comments:

Post a Comment