Thursday 23 April 2015

Overcoming Self doubt

Ever felt the lack of self esteem?
Ever felt like you were...
Maybe living in a dream...
More like a nightmare...
Welcome to my teenage life...
I had no self confidence...
No way of gaining any...
So I struggled on with my life
I married and found another
He understood what it was like
We were two lost souls I suppose
Fell together and maybe felt like
Together we made a whole...

Later troubles came...
We fought...We cried...
Our children suffered for our crimes...
We fell into a pattern...
Domestic violence it is called...
That lack of strength...
The mental abuse...
The control issues...
We all need a sense of mastery...
Of our own lives...
To feel in control of our destiny
But to do that to another soul
Is so very wrong...

It takes courage, faith and love
To overcome...



No comments:

Post a Comment