Wednesday 15 April 2015

Hospitalised for my knee

I was about 13 years of age
The cat took off with the mouse trap
I got down on my hands and knees
Attempted to retrieve the trap
From underneath our transportable
As I got down I heard a noise
Within my poor knee: didn't realize
That I would not be able to arise
I called out to my mum and my dad
Took me to the local doctor's surgery
We lived out back of Moorook
So it was quite a long drive
All the way to Barmera to see Dr Evans
I was put into the Barmera Hospital 
After an x-ray it was decided to keep me in
As they said it looked like something was broken
I spent two days in a bed unable to move
It was so very boring I'm telling you
I remember asking the nurses if I could go outside
They took my whole bed out underneath the trees
It was beautiful until it got quite cold
They had forgotten me in all their wanderings
Finally I was taken back inside at last
After two days of rest my knee simply moved
It was back to normal and I could move again
I went to school and got on with my life
Until it happened while I was at school
Miss Young thought I was fooling her
As it stopped almost as soon as it happened
After several more pain filled weeks I saw
The Chiropractor that my dad had seen
He explained that my knee was not broken
But that the pain was coming from my hip
I had been falling over ever since I was young
And it had caused my hips to become 
Out of alignment so to speak: it's true
After visiting Dr Dean Lines for a few months
It was all back to normal: all was fine
And I could go about my life just like before...

My dad fell out of a tree when he was ten 
He forgot all about it for many long years
Until he was bedridden in agony
And he was sent to see Dr Dean Lines
His hip was so out of whack it's true
One leg was a whole inch shorter that the other
Causing so much pain that's for sure
Until he saw the chiropractor for the cure!



No comments:

Post a Comment