Thursday 30 April 2015

I asked the Lord for Guidance

I asked the Lord for guidance
I asked for self-control
That in these times of darkness
Let me your blessed life extol

I asked the lord for patience
I asked for peace of mind
That in these days of being heartless
Let me not be unkind...

I asked the Lord for meekness
I asked for a humble heart
That in these days of turmoil
Let me your love impart

I asked the Lord for eloquence
I asked for words that ring
That in these times of warfare
Let me of your peaceful nature sing...

I asked the Lord for loving kindness
I asked for a sympathetic soul
That in these difficult times of hatred
Let me exemplify your goals...

I asked the Lord for perseverance
Asked the Lord for long suffering too
That in these times of anger and hatred
Let me be the peacemaker, smoothing the way to you...


No comments:

Post a Comment