Thursday 23 April 2015

Recycled paper

Recycled: what does it mean? 
When something is recycled
It is re-used: made useful again
I heard a tale of recycling...
Not a very nice tale if truth be told
A friend told me about what happens
Overseas: where people are poor
I mean very poor: so poor that
Everything is recycled...everything!
Let us be thankful for what we have
Let be glad for the standards of living
In these modern lands in which we live...
In Vietnam when he was living there
He told me of the story about the village
 A poor old woman had an awful job
Collecting the toilet paper in a large basket
It was to be cleaned and re-used
Now this a most disgusting thought
To us: supposedly rich people
Who live in this modern world
It is enough to make us throw up
But imagine if it was your job...
To go around and collect it 
Ready for recycling...to be cleaned
I could not even want to imagine that job
I can think of many jobs I would not like to do
Many would baulk at cleaning someone's toilet
Let alone having to clean something even worse
Many overseas do not have modern conveniences
They barely have homes to live in
Nothing like what we have...
So how can we complain about our jobs...
Reasonable jobs we have to do...here...
How can we judge another's life
When we cannot even imagine it...
Even in our very worst nightmare...



No comments:

Post a Comment