Wednesday 20 March 2013

Aussie salute

All through the night
As I slept like a log
Not a creature was stirring
Not even the dog!
Those damned silly flies
Were trying to hide
As that massive storm front 
Surged in from the coast
Fairly puffing and spitting!
Whilst all living creatures
Had already fled: 
They were hiding somewhere
Surely aware of that 
Massive storm a-coming!
Sheltering their eyes
Everywhere in hiding
From that blowing red dust
As it was fairly humming!
I was swatting at flies;
They were around me
In plague-like proportions!
They are annoying me now!
Bloody flies! Get out of my eyes!
Can't you see I'm frustrated!
Look at this mess!
How will I ever get through
If I have to swat at you too!
I can't even sweep while
You keep my hands busy
Giving that Aussie salute!

No comments:

Post a Comment