Tuesday 19 March 2013

Gall Stones

My grandma had gall stones
My mother as well
Though I didn't like it
I suppose I was heading for their hell!
You know it's not funny when
That terrible pain in your tummy
Makes you feel like someone's
Poking a spear right through you!
I had a few upsets before I decided
To listen to my doctor's point of view!
I read a few pages about terrible stories
Of people who objected to having
Those terrible gall stones removed! 
A painful infection had me in hospital
Being filled with intravenous antibiotics
As well as taking those orally too!
My bedside was constantly beeping
Why others were sleeping
Or just desperately trying to!
Those lovely nurses were 
Sweet; kind and gracious
Constantly changing my drip
To help me survive and get through!
I met dear Gerarda that time and 
Was amazed that she had a daughter
Called Vanessa just like I did too!
(I see her on Fridays up in the Valley
Where he rand her hubby go shopping!)
I finally had those gall stones removed
Now I am able to sit at the table and 
Not have to worry about what I consume!

No comments:

Post a Comment