Tuesday 19 March 2013

Bible Promises: Accepted

I weep with love for my dearest Lord
For through His precious sacrifice
I am accepted into that promise
I am beloved of my Lord
I have redemption through His blood
I am forgiven my sins
According to the riches of His grace!
Ephesians 1: 6-7


As you are

You don’t have to be perfect
To be accepted by the Lord
Dear God in heaven is
The perfection we adore
In His perfect love He gave
His brightest pearl of greatest price
To be our perfect sacrifice
The purest Lamb in His dear eyes
Was given to pay our price
Dear Jesus took upon His heart
Our painful lives and gave His blood
That we might be saved this cost
He has done His part and now
As the price is already paid
There is little that He asks in return
But that we understand His sacrifice
And not let it have been done in vain
How precious and beautiful
His love is for so unworthy a mob
Yes! Dear Jesus has offered up
His life for ours instead
And now all we need do
Is accept His gracious gift
Already He is waiting
To collect our lives in return
To take us home to heaven
To keep us by His side
To live there eternally
As the jewels in His dear crown!

What is there to think about?
What contemplation now required?
All is already done!
All the hard work as desired
Was completed all those years ago
Over two thousand in fact!
Now the time is come!
Now the time is here!
Now is the due date!
Now is the time to state!
Now to accept the price!
And say “Yes! I accept Jesus’ sacrifice!”

No comments:

Post a Comment