Wednesday 20 March 2013

Daddy be a horsie

Such beautiful memories from long ago
My children: still little
Special songs from videos
Special moments of happy times
Make me smile as I think of them
A video of nursery rhymes
Comes to mind right now!
"Daddy be a horsie"
"Don't wash my blanket"
"Peas porridge" 
"Hickory dickory dock"
So many lovely songs 
Put to videos of children 
Playing happily with their dads
With their toys and blankets
Those favourite things little children have 
To make them feel comfy and cosy!
Shelly had her "sussy": her little blanket!
She would rub it under her nose
Back and forth; her comforter
When ever it was bedtime
She had to have her "sussy"
Vanessa and Michael had their dummy
That was their comforter
Had to have it for going to bed!
I remember when Michael was sick
We were at the doctor's surgery
He was only 2 years old 
An old grandma told me 
"That dummy's no good for your son!"
I thanked her and then ignored her!
Later as Michael walked past her
She took his dummy and gave it to me!
I was so angry that she thought
She had the right to force her views upon us
"Who did she think she was?"
Everyone has the right to choose!
No one should force their views
Upon another soul! 
It's our choice! Freedom of choice!


No comments:

Post a Comment