Wednesday 27 March 2013

Life Timer

Please release me let me go
For I don't love you any more!
Remember Engelbert Humperdinck
(Jerry Dorsey was his former name)
What a name to take on: what a mouth full!
I remember one of the rounds
On wheel of Fortune
His name was the one I had to guess

I wasn't sure how to spell it
But I had a go and won the round!
I loved listening to his songs
He had such a beautiful voice
Found a cassette of his songs
Recently; at the op shop
Those songs took me right back
To my teenage years
Engelbert and Tom Jones 
Were always on the radio
Belting out their tunes
Such powerful voices they had!

I was just thinking: how would anyone feel?
To be released by God
Told not to pray any more!
Totally ignored by the angels
Because God had gotten sick of waiting
Imagine the pain they would feel
Knowing it was too late!
Knowing it was useless to continue
Time stands still for no man
Time is flying past
Please listen to God's pleas
Before it is too late
Before time runs out 
Before that life timer stills
Imagine all the sand 
Falling through your fingers
For the last time
Think of what you will be missing
When time runs away from you 
And you are released because
God will not wait forever!





No comments:

Post a Comment