Wednesday 20 March 2013

The day I lost Shelley

When Shelley was a little girl
She was quite adventurous
I guess she takes after her mother!
I can't complain; as I was watching
But had to rush in and check on dinner
She was just coming around
The side of the house when I left her!
I must have been busy then
For next thing I heard
Tim was asking 
"Who's that coming up the driveway?"
I looked up and said
"What car are they driving?"
He said "They're not driving any!"
"They are walking: a lady and a baby"
My heart skipped a beat as I registered
And said: "What is the baby wearing?"
"A flowery top!" he said happily!
I started running out that door 
Just to make sure and 
Sure enough: It was our dear Shelley!
I thanked the dear Lord
That it was Joy Schirmer driving past and
Not some hooligan speeding!
For there in her arms was our 18 month old
Little girl talking of seeing the "horsie"!


No comments:

Post a Comment