Tuesday 19 March 2013

Bertie's Pancake Factory

When I was at Adelaide Uni way back in 1976
I worked Saturday nights at Bertie's Pancake Factory
I needed that job to earn a few bob
To help put food on my poor student's table
There were too many Sue's so I had to choose
Another name to stick on my label!
It only took a minute; then I was in it!
I took my brother's name as a winner!
So when I worked there I was "Alex"
But on other days I was plain old Suzie!
I loved my job serving our wonderful clients
We had pancakes galore
Every where there were more as we mixed them
Cooked them and served them!
There were tons of savoury dishes
Sweet ones as well to feed them
All served with dollops of sweet maple syrup!
I must confess: I ate them; and had
No less appetite after making them!
For dinner and during breaks
We ate those pancakes and
I'm amazed we didn't end up 
At sea in them!


No comments:

Post a Comment