Monday 18 March 2013

Please let me in

At primary school we had RI
That's Religious Instruction!
My parents didn't care to let me 
Have any of those instructions
I guess they didn't think it was needed!
I felt: even back then
That I needed to find 
Some help of some kind
Believe me I did not even know it!
I was under duress
I really must confess
As I had been molested!
I don't even know what it was but
To find some peace: I was seeking!
Now as I look back
Along my life's long track
I can understand that longing!
I wanted to be a part of
That larger heavenly family
I was seeking but how I was thwarted!
I went along one day
And sat there expectantly
Hoping to be freed
From my inner turmoil!
But when they asked if I was
A member of that congregation?
I could only reply: "No not I!"
But how I wished to be included!

No comments:

Post a Comment