Friday 29 March 2013

Mushrooms on toast

As a kid we walked every where
To friend's places after school
And also on weekends
Summer days were glorious
Winter days were good as well
As long as it wasn't raining
We had time to do lots of walking
One day we went hunting for mushrooms
Frances had a big family with 6 kids
They were always looking for things to eat
I helped look for mushrooms
Even though I'd never eaten them before
When the time came to eat them
I couldn't so I gave them to the others!
They disappeared pretty quickly!
Another time we found prickly pear fruit
Ripe and red: ready to eat! 
I watched as they picked and ate but
Again I wasn't sure about it
I guess I was a fussy little eater
Just like my kids were and 
Just like my grandsons are today! 
Mushrooms are an acquired taste
I love eating mushrooms now!

Still don't know about those prickly pears!
But who knows what you'd eat 
If you were hungry enough?

No comments:

Post a Comment