Sunday 24 March 2013

Retreat: to go forward

Retreat: going backwards
So how can 'retreat' mean going forwards?
Easily: this retreat is a rest, a holiday
Relaxation; respite from all cares
A blessing for carers all coming together
I must put away my cares
Let peace take me un-awares
Allow it to rejuvenate and repair me
I must confess: I need this!
I've been a tigress
Getting grumpy; cranky and listless!
That dust storm the other day
Almost blew me way and
How easily it made me 
Upset and angry
Dear Lord you do know
Just exactly how I feel
How much I really need this
Little break dear!
I guess I just keep on trying
To do all that stuff but
Really I've been slowly slipping
I understand Lord: I must trust you more
I must surrender and let you lead me
Your love has freed me
Your grace upholds me
So dearest Lord: I surrender it all!
To you I will give all my problems
For you my dear one
I will look at the sun and 
See how brightly it shines
Just as within my life you do my dearest
You are my sunshine
You are my guiding light
With you I am all right!
Please be with me always
My dearest Lord!


No comments:

Post a Comment