Sunday 24 March 2013

Swimming at Moonta Beach

Just wanted to say
I've been swimming 
At Moonta Bay!
A huge jetty extended
Right out into the sea
3 others walking with me
As we went down to the sea
To see what we could see!
We three: the bravest of the group
Dared to go swimming
In that sea-green soup
At first it was chilly
But in the water
We were all smiley
The waves were quite bouyant
As we watched a few cormorants
Sitting sleepily along that sea fence
I was amazed to see pigeons
I didn't expect to see those
Just some seagulls I suppose
There was one lone pelican
Sailing on that sea of green
The tide was still out
So many rocks to be seen
That pontoon was rocking
I'd always wanted to say
"Hey! I've been on one of those!"
So we climbed up and balanced
For nigh on thirty minutes
As we waited for the others
To return to the sea
To join us in that balancing!
That sea wind was blowing
As we took it in turns to 
Swim in those refreshing waves! 
Our heads submerged under water
I heard gasps as we jumped in again
Touched some sea weed underneath
And then laughter as we swam after
And caught up some sea weed dreds
We captured on camera our sea weed wigs
As we all pranced and posed
Sea weed clad for the others
To look at and ponder
Maybe even wonder 
If we'd lost our minds!
Then 3 lads went swimming
Obviously locals from the town
One was nut-brown; so tanned
Absolutely all over!
The other two were much whiter
They were playing around and 
I jumped in fright as they tossed
A dead crab all over
One claw got me in the head and 
I reared up and gave them
Some of my plainer thoughts!
Deb came to rescue us
As we begged her for shelter

That cold sea breeze was just
Like sitting in the deep freeze
Poor Sue was shaking and shivering
So back to that holiday house 
We were driven; our safe haven
We showered and changed
Those beautiful cool seas
Had brought on the munchies
We were hungry for dinner and 
A nice cup of tea warmed us up 
Beautifully!
Now as I sit upon this balcony
I watch as that sun is dipping
Down through the blue skies
It is getting lower and lower
I await its setting as I am getting
Ready to welcome the Sabbath!











No comments:

Post a Comment