Tuesday 26 November 2013

The 5 stages of grief

I'm going through the five stages of grief
Though my mum is still with us: I am afraid
Of losing her already: I am not ready!
Will there ever come that day: I cannot say!

But this is what is happening to me!
I am angry, disaffected, upset & depressed
I cannot seem to get through the day
Without my anger boiling over: over something silly
I am making bargains with the Lord: begging
Please don't take her yet: I cannot bear it!
My tears are there for the simplest things
Yes I cry so easily: I am so emotional
Can't seem to cope with anything
The simplest things bring me undone
My concentration is abysmal: utterly lacking!
Just the other day I cried out unto the Lord
Please forgive me for lacking so in faith
I am so ashamed of this lack in me
I feel so absolutely lost at sea: how can you 
Even think of loving me? I am not worthy!
I begged the Lord to forgive my weakness
To help me cope & let me see how I might do this!
You see: I have felt so full of faith in healing others
But how can I expect the Lord to understand my plight
When it is so close to me that illness threatens?



1 comment:

  1. It is 3 years later now...mum's time draws near...God only knows when her time will be up...But I am so thankful that she has known her grandsons and 3 year old grand-daughter...they are such blessings in our lives. I thank God for my children and grandchildren...

    ReplyDelete