Sunday 24 November 2013

Gastroenteritis

What an awful illness to have for sure
Oh Lord if only there was an instant cure 
My poor little boy brought it home from school
Gave it mum & dad & Nana too
Poor little baby was sick as well
Didn't understand this kind of hell but
Looks like she'll be a little toughy!
No vomiting for her: no up-chucking!
Just the usual pooping & farting
Poor baby girl wanted to be held all day
Couldn't bear it any other way
So I got to hold her & cuddle her tight
While poor mum & dad got some sleep all right!
Santiago & Zac went off with their other Nana
Maybe they went off  to Cuba or Havana
They have great imaginations those two boys
They were so full of beans after their sickness
Just as mum & dad were coming down with it
Driving them crazy: never sitting still
Gluing everything together in their zeal
Poor mum could barely stand up with this illness
Too much on her plate: couldn't cope
What a horrible name too: gastroenteritis
Sounds as awful as it is believe me
Can't move: feel so weak: tummy rumbling
Everything grumbling: head far away in Lalaland
Ah it's all you can do just to stand
I felt all right: went to church for Sabbath
Then headed home later that day
Got some dinner: some takeaway for my boys
By the time I got home I was exhausted
In the darkness: went straight to bed to sleep a while
Can't remember the next day: slept right through it
Silly dreams kept me company: felt so awful
Couldn't eat a thing: 2 Jatz biscuits: all I had room for
Plenty of sips of water got me through the day
Just couldn't move until I really had to run for the loo
Can't trust your own body movements
Think you're okay but can't be sure! 

Finally I am over it: back aching from the bed
At least I feel normal in the head! 



No comments:

Post a Comment