Saturday 9 November 2013

Cancel the cruise

I've always wanted to go on a cruise
Thought we'd start at Amsterdam: cruise along
Checking out all the beautiful castles & scenery
Admiring all the wonderful sights: the greenery
But now my plans are on hold: don't want to go
There's a major problem: I'll let you know!
My hubby snores like a train upon the rail
Yes he snores each night: without fail!

Sometimes I imagine we are cruising upon the seas
He's driving me crazy: got me on my knees
I'm begging for some peace & quiet: please...!
But every night it is the same: who can I blame?

So in my crazy imagined state: let's commiserate!
I see myself sleep walking: maybe even sleep talking!
As I pick up my pillow & approach his bed
As I hold that pillow upon his head: suffocating!

Or maybe it happens as we are embarking
He slips & falls into that deep blue sea
Oh poor little me! I'm all alone: What will I do?

Suppose it happens during the night?
We've had some fun but now it's time to sleep
What can I do but beg him to be quiet!
Doesn't work: let's go for a walk along the deck
What the heck I need the exercise: why lie?
Then as we are walking along: suddenly 
A huge wave comes to take him down
He falls: he's being dragged  into that stormy sea
Will you all pity me? I'm all alone: all by myself!
But finally I get some well deserved sleep!

1 comment:

  1. Just being a little silly here...I'd rather cancel the cruise than be in those situations...seriously: just having a little fun with words!

    ReplyDelete