Sunday 17 November 2013

Fair exchange

We celebrated Pastor Will's birthday
Everyone was there: happy to say
"Congratulations: enjoy your day!"
A delicious lunch was shared by all
A lovely fruit flan was served after dessert
Sparkler's fizzing out their bright light
How wonderful to be able to relax
All together we shared this special time
We chatted about the special date
7th of November; two more people I know of
Who share that very same birthday!
I'd given Pastor Will a heap of my poems
He'd read quite a few he said: enjoyed them too
Was going to use few for to write his sermons
I felt gratified to know: for my very next thought was clear
I loved his sermons: was looking forward to using some
For my poems: enjoyed their messages you see
They meant a lot to me: just the right messages
Exactly when I needed them: made me feel connected
So beautifully to my Lord: yes those precious words
Touched my very heart when times were tough
Showed me how much my Lord loves me you see
Even though I have been led astray: been lost
Thus I deemed it a fair exchange: his sermons: my poems!
Yes! My poems: his sermons! A blessed exchange!

No comments:

Post a Comment