Sunday 3 November 2013

Taking my own advice

I've been telling so many people to relax
Don't take anything another says: to heart
You know it's easier to say than actually to do
But that is exactly why I have to have my say:
Life is ten percent what happens to you and 
Ninety percent how you react to those things! 
So I have to sit back & look at my own life:
People are not trying to make me feel bad
They just don't seem to understand how it all is planned
I must realise that I must take heed of my own advice!
Though things are tough: it's not the end
Dear God in heaven only knows how it will end but
I have to look up and see that bigger picture
The one that my dear Lord sees: the whole!
I can only ever see & understand what I am feeling
I can only ever feel what I know: yet I must
Step back and look around me: understand it all
For I love my mum & cannot bear 
The thought of losing her: I must understand how God works!
He answers prayers: he truly does: but He also sees beyond the pain
He sees the part where laughter comes again
He knows the future: He knows everything!
I cannot in my tiny, petty human mind ever hope to understand
Just how God has already set in movement all things in my life
So I just pray & ask for help to cope with what ever comes
So that in the end I can truly say: thank you Lord for being with me all the way!





No comments:

Post a Comment