Thursday 28 November 2013

Today is the first day

Today is the first day of my new life
I intend to exercise: regain some spice
Feeling a little down at heart: this must change!
I will not become a snail: leaving my slimy trail
I will become the better me: the one I see
Standing there in my dream: the healthier me!
That will be my goal: my aim: then I can claim
A better understanding of all at which I gaze
Yes! I accept the challenge: I will take my revenge
On these silly old bones: I will atone for laziness
Lord just help me get into these gym clothes
Lord help me to make a good showing today
As I start uphill: give me the will to move this body
I want to be that new me I know I can be but
I will need to put in a bit of effort: a bit of guts
No more excuses: no more ifs & buts
Today I make my start: knowing full well
That I might slide back a bit now & then but
It is ever forward I will go: ever onward into the fray!

No comments:

Post a Comment