Sunday 3 November 2013

Kerosene in the Coca Cola bottle

When I was just a little kid
I remember thinking it looked so good
So I took a swig from that Coca Cola bottle
Only to have mum & dad come running
Too late: I'd already tasted that awful stuff
There was kerosene in that silly Coca Cola bottle
They made me drink some milk to flush it out
I remember thinking "Yuck! What was in that?"
But really I was just a little girl: too young to understand
That mum & dad were using it for something else and
I was then in big trouble! I can't remember going to the doc's
So I suppose I was all right after all!
Please don't use drink bottles to store your poisons
Cos little kids don't understand the whys or wherefores
They will just want to have  a drink: simply cos it's right there
Simply cos it's right there in front of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment