Sunday 17 November 2013

She came in through the bathroom window

She came in through the bathroom window
She was such a tiny little thing: but though she seemed so harmless
She was definitely up to no good: she went through all my clothing
Tried on my satin disco flares: split the seams of my favourites
Left them lying in a heap: rifled through all my bedroom drawers
Took anything that didn't look cheap: her accomplice took the Hi-Fi
Music & mayhem on their minds: taking anything that drew their eye
They even took our photo albums: though I really don't know why?
Many months later I got a call from my uncle Tony: said he had a surprise
He came in holding a bundle: loosely wrapped up in a towel
I was so amazed, happy & confused: our photo albums were returned!
Someone had found them at the dump: thought they should be returned
The police had seen the newspaper clippings: at the back of one album
My cousin's wedding was mentioned: another friend from school as well
They traced them back to the Riverland where my uncle worked still
Through his good connections we were found & gladdened further still
By the amazing coincidences that brought us back some faith in life!





No comments:

Post a Comment