Tuesday 26 November 2013

Poor choices

Teenagers are renowned for making poor choices
They are at that middle way along their path in life
Mostly in turmoil: in some type of hormonal strife! 
Unsure of which way to choose: at the cross roads
Too many roads to choose from: unclear advice!
If only we could travel back to let our younger selves 
Have some critical information: some important insight
Into the directions we should have chosen: should have been
If only I could time-travel back to meet my teen self
Give myself some important facts: change the way I act
Would I have listened to my older, wiser self?
Would I have believed my own words at that age?
When I had no faith to speak of: had no self confidence!
Could I have looked at that young me & believed in me?
The me that I could finally come to be? I don't know!
But I do honestly hope that I would have listened
Just that little bit: taken on some small inkling of info
Just enough to maybe save myself from a few things
That my older self could maybe save myself from that teen me!


No comments:

Post a Comment