Tuesday 5 November 2013

Bitter Pill

What a bitter pill to swallow: my mum's illness!
How can I go on my Lord: if this is happening?
How do I cope with all this stress upon my plate?
What must I do to convince her to try anything?
New that is available to treat this illness?
Why does she have to be so stubborn to refuse?
Simply because she has always been in control
Of her life & all around her but now she cannot 
I guess I am being selfish to want her to listen
Why would she start now: after all of these years?
I've always been the black sheep of the family
The one who has gone astray: lost my way!
Why should she listen to my little voice of reason?
She has always been the strong one: no denying that
But now she is as weak as a kitten: too pooped to move
Someone else will have to take care of her for a change
Time for dad & Alec to step up to the plate
I guess it is never too late to learn new things
This is what the new day brings: embrace it!

No comments:

Post a Comment