Saturday 9 November 2013

I can do all things through Christ

Yesterday I drove to church for Sabbath
I didn't even look at my side view mirror
I didn't even notice that it was bent in
It wasn't until I was leaving church that I realised
Then it made me think: what happened to make it so?

I drove home after visiting a dear friend: our adopted Nana Lindy!
She lives alone in a retirement village: no family near by
I visit regularly but hadn't been for a while as I've been ill
(Didn't want to spread that awful germ: wouldn't give it to my worst enemy!)
It was so good to catch up: I'd missed her birthday during that month
I was so happy to hear that her daughter came all the way from Darwin
Just to spend time with her mum for her birthday!
You know it doesn't take much time to visit those who live alone
You must realise how lonely a life it is: husband gone to God
Family several hours away: others so much farther!
This is our second Nana Lindy: ours passed away a couple of years ago!
The joy upon her face was wonderful to see: rejuvenated me!

Today I went to the local shop to buy groceries
As I was leaving Peter told me how my hubby had been in
Yesterday he'd gone to the shop: before I'd left for church
Peter was upset because my hubby had knocked into
The pallet of potting mix: thank God he hadn't hit the other car!
He asked what was wrong with Tim? Was he angry or upset?
I explained that my hubby is not well! Diabetes, hearing loss
Antidepressants: pain relief as well: that's his private hell
Early onset Dementia: another kind of hell for my family!
He was then sorry to have said a word: understood my pain
My mum has leukaemia, my hubby is unwell: I do my best
To carry on and take care of everyone: I am only one human being
I am not God to be able to cope so well: but I do use His strength
I do call upon His powers each and every single day!

Without my Lord I would feel so useless: so worthless & depressed
Without my Lord I would be bent double underneath the stress
So it is with pride I do confess: I am nothing without my Lord
I am weak and useless! It is only through Christ that I can cope with everything!
My Lord is my rock and my salvation: My Lord carries me some days
When life is overwhelming it is to Him I turn: to Him I give my pain
I offer up my life to Thee: I offer up all my troubles day by day
My Lord hears my prayers: He sends me my help: Holy Spirit I welcome Thee!
His dear angels come and take my cares away: they console and I confess
Without them I cannot even hope to cope: He is my everything!




No comments:

Post a Comment