Wednesday 7 November 2012

Family matters



Why is it that you don’t get on?
With your family; on and on!
How come you always seem
To disagree with your family!
They don’t understand your needs
They don’t seem to appreciate; anything you do!
They only know how to complain and harangue!
They want you to change!
It seems almost impossible to cope!
When they always think you’re a dope!
You are less than equal in their eyes!
It seems they always despise
You and your friends!
You never seem able to make amends
No matter how hard you try and try!
You never seem to grow up; in their eyes!
Well I’m sorry mum; if you think I’m mad!
Same with bro; sometimes even dad!
I do my best! You must realize!
I’m not just what you want me to be!
And so I apologise!
Not for being me or who I am!
But because I’m just not what you visualised!
I am a grown woman too!
I have wants and needs and feelings too!
I’m not just your little girl anymore!
I am grown; have learned so much more!
I have discovered a whole new world!
It takes me somewhere else and gives me joy!
I know from what you have all said!
You think I’m nuts and losing my head!
Well guess what I really think?
It’s you guys who need to see a shrink!
I am fine and dandy; just as I am!
I realise that God is Lord of heaven and earth!
There is so much more to be attained!
And I am aiming for the highest of the high!
I look forward to giving my heart; my mind and soul!
He doesn’t care that I’m not perfect!
Or that I love my kids a lot!
I love them like He loves me!
I treat them like I’d like to be!
I honour you and love you all the same!
Whether you love me and understand?
It’s not a game!
Call me “Born again” if you like!
I rejoice to be known for my beliefs
I am happy with the choices I now make!
I am happy to be counted as one
Of Jesus’ children!
And in the end;
I will always pray for you to love Him like I do!
I pray for His help in your times of trial
I ask and He replies; makes me smile!
Yes! I do declare! I am born again!
And if you really care?
Then you’ll accept me as I am!
Happy to be a believer of Jesus Christ!





No comments:

Post a Comment