Wednesday 28 November 2012

In days gone by


In days gone by my tears I did cry
For myself and for my sorry life
I wished to be a happy child
Full of life and fun; gone wild!
But sadness was my companion
I felt so lost; alone; amid the crowd
I was just a little girl; 
I wanted to love the whole world
I was sad and lonely
Wanted to be loved only
Didn't want to cry those tears
I wanted pony tails and castle keeps
I wanted puppy dogs and kittens too
I wanted happiness for ever too!
But life goes on and for some time
I needed to live my life and find some love
But life doesn't come like in fairy tales
There were no happy endings in my tales
Only sadness and hard work too!
That's what I had to do to live my life
I had to take all the bad along with the good
I had to walk along that darkened path
I would often look aside and wish for love
But it seemed like nothing would ever come
To me from up above!
Yet now as I look back through all those days
I realise that I was touched by those loving rays
Dear Jesus was beside me 
He was there to love and guide me
I just didn't recognise His love
Now I see how blessed it can be
To have my dear one sit with me
Here He sits within this heart
Here we communicate; are never apart!











No comments:

Post a Comment