Monday 12 November 2012

Heart to Heart



It’s 3:33 am and I’m finding it hard to sleep again
Something made me wake and look to the skies
There’s a corona around the moon
Clouds obscure the stars as I look
For familiar ones that take my breath away
Every night I try to find these beacons in the sky
I really don’t even know why
The heavens fascinate my mind
It is up there that I find my imagination does run wild!
Imagine all the eyes as they look down
They see this Earth spinning around
They see our petty little lives
They are old and wise
To them we are like ants; the tiniest things around
Yet to our puny minds
We are the be all and end all
We think we’re so brilliant and so advanced
We think we know all that there is
Yet ‘tis God who rules this world
‘Tis our Lord who knows our minds
There is nothing we can hide
He is our all-seeing guide
He made the world; the ebb and flow of tide
The moon pulls us in its wake
Our satellite is our brake
I see Orion’s Belt
Form that constellation I take aim
Next the inverted Hyades V
Further still I look and see
The Pleiades up there so far away
I ask for the wisdom of the universe
To lead me and show me the way
I feel the angels’ touch upon my skin
As I open up my mind to them
Lead me and guide my path
Help me heal this Earth
Show me how to spread God’s love
He who rules us all from the heavens above
Lives within this heart of mine
My body is His Temple; I lead by His example
Dear Lord of everything
You make my poor heart sing
I feel your love in my mind and soul
You show me where I must go
Thank You dearest Lord
For showing me your infinite world

No comments:

Post a Comment