Wednesday 14 November 2012

Kitty Capers

I prayed to the Lord this year
"Can't afford any more kittens I fear"
All the strays keep coming along
They are hungry and tired
Looking for some place to live
They are just searching
For some-one who gives!
For many months there were no signs
Sora disappeared; top cat he was
Then we heard the arguments 
Late at night they vied
Who would win the top cat prize?
I 'd seen a ginger cat around
He must have won; I will expound
Molly had 4 kittens on October first
Two were ginger; I was fit to burst!
"But Lord I asked for no kittens this year!"
The Lord does work in mysterious ways
What right have I to demand and ...
So I just prayed for funds to feed them! 
Now the four kittens are cute and cuddly
I hear them climbing in my garden pots
Having fun; lots and lots!
Ginger and Sporty: the 2 boys
Tabitha and Shelley: the 2 girls
 (Tabby and tortoiseshell)
I see the joy in Santiago's eyes
As he watches them climb and play
Even Michael wants one to stay!
He plays with them and  talks to them
And keeps them tame!



No comments:

Post a Comment