Monday 12 November 2012

I dreamt last night (2011)



I dreamt last night an unusual dream
As if in a far off land with rocks and streams
The Home I’d bought was sight unseen
And when I got there many holes did gleam
The water round about moved and changed
It rose and ebbed, was really strange
I saved a little child from drowning
And as I worked to save his life
More little ones were falling
So many times I dived in and swam
It was so difficult to remain
But swim I did till calmness came
I was not afraid at all, my breathing eased
So there I was swimming
The tidal water was brimming
The many children were plunging
Though many little ones I brought
Up from the deepest depths
And breathed into their lungs unending
Then adults too were falling
Surrounded by the others, just watching
No-one helping, they all just stood
Soon my dives became much easier
It was like I could breathe underwater
The water front was crowded
So many were watching
They followed where I went
The crowds were ever round me
They were clinging to my legs
Like leeches they were clinging
Everywhere I turned still more came
My footsteps dragged, were heavy
All wanted to be near me
Though I saved as many as I could
So many mothers and children
All demanding to be saved
Though some were lost
And stranded as they were
Along that rocky shore unending
Always there to jump into the deepest water
I did my best to save them
All out of water I did bring them
The clamour was unending
And as it grew in loudness too
Their clinging fingers digging
Into my flesh, pain was everywhere
It was rending my flesh never-ending
The closeness was becoming hard to take
I tried to escape but there was nowhere to hide




No comments:

Post a Comment