Wednesday 28 November 2012

Kiss the blue

I've got my goggles on
I've got my flippers on
I'm ready to make the lunge
I'm ready to take my plunge!
The cool water envelops me
I feel so light and free
As I float gently upon crystal clear blue water
The sun shines down and dazzles me
It sparkles and shines and jumps along
I watch the shadows my body makes
The flippers look like froggy feet
I am a weird swooping bird that flies
Straight up into those blue, blue skies
Wispy clouds look back at me
Swallows play; way up in that clear blue sky
They swoop on down to kiss the blue
Taking tiny sips of water in their beaks
While sparrows fly in and splash about
Keeping cool; as is their right!
A bee has fallen in too deep
I scoop him up and let him dry
A wasp has landed; floating free
There are many things floating
That I can see; gum leaves like skeletons
Rest upon the white tiled floor
There are hair ties in there; band-aids too
A couple of pebbles; the boys threw
Many more leaves of all kinds
Blown in by the summer breeze
The detritus of  both human and nature too!
Last year the swallows were so musical
There were hundreds lined up along the wires
Like musical notes of a living song
Dancing as they flew along!
Today there are only three
I watch them swoop and fly by me










No comments:

Post a Comment