Wednesday 28 November 2012

The Swimming pool (28/11/12)

Had a swim in the local pool
Had been so hot; now felt so cool
I can cope with the heat tonight
I'll be able to sleep for sure
This heat's been driving me insane
But after my dip in the pool; can't complain!
I remember when I was having my son
It was so hot that summer
I felt like I was burning right up!
The only thing that saved me
Even all those tears ago
Yes! Right back then: was 
The Key membership!
It saved my life!
I could go to the pool until ten at night
That precious cool water was
My precious life-line!
I'd cool down before I could go to bed
Finally then; I could rest my weary head!
My son was born; red as a beet
From head to toe; yes - right down to his feet
He was red for several weeks; I vow
Over-cooked like a well basted fowl!




No comments:

Post a Comment