Tuesday 25 August 2015

Deep Shadows

There are shadows hanging over me
There is sadness in my heart...
I am feeling less than blessed
As I wonder why I'm falling apart...
Did I do something so terrible?
Did I lose my sense of what is right?
Have I wandered so far and wide?
That I have lost my bearings in this life?
I travel along a steep incline...
Upwards ever still I climb...
And yet I feel like I need to search deeper
For this peace that no longer bides...
I long for the love of another soul
I long to be accepted once and for all
I know my Lord loves me as His blessed child
And yet because things seem to have stalled...
I feel a little overcome...
I feel bewildered and at a loss...
Is this what it will be like?
The more we come closer unto Thee
Do more doubts come crowding in?
When we think we are safe and free?

Satan knows our deepest fears
He plays upon them all...
Does God allow him to entertain?
Thoughts of taking us so low
Just as He did with God's servant Job
"Touch not his body, take not his life"
Yet he was allowed to take everything...
Even Job's family was not above that blow
He lost everything he had: was brought low
Yet Job cursed not His God...

Times are darkening...time is speeding past
Do we not tremble and quake?
For what is still to come...
We know not the hour of our Lord's coming
Yet: a darkness is coming to our shores
We have been warned to be ready
We know there is much that we must do
Let us not live in fear and trembling
We must be strong and take our stand
For we are all being tested for survival
Our dear Lord demands we stand in His band...






No comments:

Post a Comment