Friday 21 August 2015

Feeling Distraught

I feel so distraught: strained
Life feels so terrible once again
Uncertainty is flashing before me
I am at a loss: my body in pain
Sadness at circumstance is hitting
Seems everything's fallen down a drain
Whirlpool sinking: darkness drinking
My world is disappearing all the same
Heart palpitating: breathing constrained
Face flushed: head rushed: sweat stained
Panic attack ensuing: fear for you is doing
All this to me and nothing seems to stop it
Got to pray: relieve this from laying a claim
I cannot let this thinking destroy me...
Must allow God to employ me...
Uplift me and not allow me to be adrift again
So I turn my eyes to Jesus: pray to Him
Lay hold of His promises: let His love
Let His blessed promises be my mainstay
Take hold of the hand that is offered
Take His blessed words into my tortured soul
Without Him I am nothing...lost and alone
Dear Jesus my precious Saviour
I turn to you to save me: please save me
Yes my Lord please: save me once again

No comments:

Post a Comment