Sunday 30 August 2015

Holy Spirit please grant me strength

Holy Spirit come, illumine me
Illumine this lowly heart of mine
Grant me thy love divine
Grant me comfort, grant me peace
Allow God's words to shine forth
That I may bring joy into the world
I long to be thy follower: thy lamb
I long to be accepted into thy divine plan
Lead me dear precious Jesus: fill my cup
Let thy love and words flow here: fill me up
I would be a precious vessel
Filled up only with love from thee
Send me forth to work for thee
Grant me thy presence all along
Grant me thy strength, let me be strong
Use my tongue to spread thy word
Use my hands to do thy work
Use my heart to show the world
That thy love overcomes all hurts
Grant me peace, grant me love
Sent to me daily from heaven above
Without you lord I am not much
Only a tiny grain of and and as such
I have no power, no glory too
For I would be blessed dear Lord by you
I am the cable: you are the electricity
Grant me words to send with speed
Into this saddened world ruled by greed
There are many who cry out in shame
Others indeed in poverty, powerless, in pain
Grant them all thy divine gift of faith
Allow them to be lifted up in grace
Let not their hearts be troubled...
Let not their fears be uncontrolled
Grant them peace and comfort
As they ask it of thee...
Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment