Monday 17 August 2015

Matron of Honour

My friend Angelina asked me to be a part 
Of her wedding party: coming soon
Wedding day date: 3rd of May 1980
We drove to Adelaide from the Riverland
Checking out bridesmaid dresses, men's suits
At Brian Ferrari's in the fair city near at hand
We took several more trips to Town as weeks went by
To finalise all the details...dresses, flowers
Everything had to be just right...for her big day
We lunched at the Brahma Lodge Hotel 
On our way back home again
After our long day which began at 6 am

We were at the Barmera Hotel on the big day
Hair done, make up too: primping and preening 
Photos at 4pm, Church at 4:30, everybody waiting
Angelina looked so beautiful: the blushing bride
Reception at 6 pm at the Boulevard Restaurant
Later on there was a disco too: entertaining
We stayed till about 3 am, Tim and I had such fun
I went home after that: exhausted from the long day
Tim stayed on with John his mate: got home 5 am

A memory came back to me about the photographs
I thought everybody looked really good: except for me
I didn't like the way my hair was curled: too overdone
While the others complained that their hair wouldn't curl
Didn't stay in place: mine would not relax and unwind
Was I simply being to my self: unkind? I believe so!




No comments:

Post a Comment