Thursday 27 August 2015

Only love can hurt like this

There's a song I hear playing
On the radio all the time it seems
"Only love can hurt like this"
Paloma Faith sings these heartfelt lyrics
Her voice full of pain and suffering
The words echo within my heart and soul
How long since I felt just like this?
How many years ago did it pain me?
It seems like half a lifetime ago...
I was in love: ah unrequited love
Have I forgotten how it truly felt?
No: I remember all of it: all the pain
All those feelings come...flooding back again
The longing of heart and soul...
The need to be together...
To dream of our bodies touching...
Hands sparking with electricity...
Eyes looking, longing but unable...
My heart leaping at the sight of him
Beating out a tattoo of love...
So loud within my breast...
It seemed everyone could hear it...

No comments:

Post a Comment