Wednesday 12 August 2015

Lost without you

Ah honey I'm so lost without you
I feel so alone: so far away from you
The sun does not shine for me...
The clouds of life surround me...
Darkness abounds within me...
Though I fight to stay afloat...
I am drowning in loneliness...
Drowning in sadness...
For I cannot hear your voice...
I am alive but have no choice...
I must get up each day and move
But it is getting harder and harder...

Yet I know that my Lord is near
Why is it that I do not hear?
His voice within my head...
His strength seems to disappear
As I wallow in self pity...
How the mighty have fallen
How helpless like a babe...
I am today...

So I must cease in this temporary darkness
I must think positive thoughts...
I must not give in to melancholy...
I must have faith...

I believe in Almighty God
I believe in Jesus His precious Son
I believe in His soon coming
I have all of these within my heart
Though I have not seen Him
With mine own eyes...
Yet I know it to be true...

So why then after all my prayers?
And answers...
Why am I so down and lost?
I must not give in to the soul taker
I must continue praying for all our sakes
Yes I will remain positive for family
I will be strong for everyone...
One foot in front of the other...
Trusting that all will simply fall into place...



No comments:

Post a Comment