Wednesday 19 August 2015

Questions and answers 15 August 2015

I ask my questions
I tell you of my woes
You know already Lord
Just how this story goes…

I am lost upon this road here
I am distressed and dismayed
For though I ask in faith Lord
I fear that I have strayed…

I allow my fears to encompass me
I allow my terror to grow
For though I have faith in Jesus
I know my worry shows…

Forgive me Lord for slipping
Forgive me Lord for falling down
Though I long for your heaven
And for your unearthly crown…

I know I am a sinner lord
I know I am less than sure
I know you see inside of me
I know you see my heart is pure

I ask forgiveness for my weakness
I ask and I know you hear
For though I am lost in weariness
I understand just how all this goes…

You already know my every thought
You already see my brighter days
Yet as I look I only see
My darkest, deepest problems: my woes…

Ah Lord Forgive my weaknesses
Ah Lord let me of your strength borrow
For I know that you have already given
The very best you had: to my sorrow…

You sent your Son from heaven
You gave him up for me
Ah dear Lord forgive us
For thinking so little of Thee

Dear Jesus sends His angels
Yes: for you and for me
They surround us: keep us safe
Yes they are with us continually…

Ah please lift me out of sadness
Please fill my empty cup for me
For though outwardly I may seem calmer
You truly do see inside of me…

Ah Lord I am ashamed to discover
That I am weak and need you still
For without you I am nothing
A helpless baby: crawling up a hill…

Please my Lord: uphold me
Please My Dear One: come
Forgive me as I struggle
To be your worthy one…

I see I am a sinner
Yet I also see your Son
For though I struggle daily
You have provided me your Son…

Ah Lord I am so troubled
Ah Lord I want to be true
But though I think I am okay
There are still obstacles to overcome for you…

Forgive me my dearest Father
Forgive me my Precious One
I am faltering so close it’s true
So close and yet so far I am to you…

I see my human condition
I see how truly weak I am
And as I look more deeply
It is only through you I can…

You are my true soul giver
You are my Saviour it is true
I cannot think to continue
Without you living in this heart here…

I am lost in this wilderness
Of earthly life we love so dear
Yet I know you’re my deliverer
And heaven beckons me near…





No comments:

Post a Comment