Tuesday 18 August 2015

Prolapsed disc

Worked all week at the packing shed
Aching back and aching head...
Feeling sick, went home to bed
But Nana's painting and singing
Is disturbing my poor aching head
There was a virus going around
Everyone was feeling the pain
Mark Andrew was sick yesterday
Now it's coming: heading my way
Tim drove Nana home to the city
I slept alone that night: such a pity
Went to work as usual again
But the pain is growing up my spine
Went to the doctor's to get some aid
Said I'd done my back in really good
Dr Matthews was such a lovely chap
Said I had to rest: maybe put on a strap
Took Digesic tablets for that awful pain
Doc said I had a prolapsed disc...
Stay at home and rest for two weeks
Until the 26th of September...
Until it eases and then we'll see
Just what it is he can do for me

Wow...that was so long ago
Way back in September of 1980

No comments:

Post a Comment