Saturday 1 August 2015

He held my hand

He held my hand when no other would
He it was who truly understood...
He saw inside my very heart and soul
He knew what others never could...
He loved me no matter how far I fell
He watched me crawl out from my own hell
He loved me before I was even made good
Yes before He even made me flesh and blood
He sees through this mask I hide behind
He knows me, knows the thoughts within my mind
He gave everything to save me from myself
He took my pain and carried it himself
He took my sins and washed me clean
If you love Him; you will know what I mean
With his bright red blood that blossomed in the sand
He showed me how to appreciate His eternal plan
He died for me: upon that painful cross
For me, my sins, my Father suffered the greatest loss
Then when all was beyond our faith, our imaginings
He rose again: ascended to heaven: King of Kings
But though He left us here without His purest self
He promised to come back to take us home: in stealth
For none know the hour of His second coming: true
Except that every eye shall see Him: yes even me and you!


No comments:

Post a Comment