Monday 17 August 2015

Waitress at a wedding

Way back in April of 1980
I was a waitress at a wedding
At the Barmera Hotel it was held
I knew almost everyone who came
For they were my childhood friends
Yes I knew them all very well
The day was very entertaining...
I carried drinks and watched them all
Had some fun as some got blind drunk
Others were solemn and restrained
Bride and groom were a pretty pair
Only nine years separated their years
The blushing bride barely eighteen
The groom: older and much wiser...
I saw John (Camillo) and Pam, 
Didonato's too: Stephen and Debbie Hogg
David and Lucy Kloeden, Colin and Karen Butson 
Tony and his new wife, Frank and Chris Morena
Mr and Mrs Charlton and Lynton too
Angelina and husband and kids
Reid's, Wundenburgs, Wachtels and Grays
Neal Teasdale and so on and so forth...
All the people from Moorook were there
It was like a local who's who...



No comments:

Post a Comment