Tuesday 18 August 2015

RIP Balasz Bela

I remember our trips to Adelaide
Dad would always drive...
He went to places he remembered
Never needed a street directory to arrive
We visited the Balasz family regularly
Susie and her brothers as I recall
Lived down off West Thebarton Rd
He was night watchman: his main job
He used to come grape picking 
In the Riverland: during his holidays...
Though he never seemed very well
I remember him coughing most of the time
My diary says he passed away
On the 5th of May way back then
1980 was the year I'd written in
I remember Susie crying with her mum
The funeral we attended on the 7th of May
At Centennial Park Cemetery
This was his final resting place
Ah it was a sad time for them all

Years later I met Susie once again
She was getting married then
To the lovely young man she'd been with 
At her father's funeral

Now it's been 35 years since then
Wonder what ever happened to that family?
I pray God has been taking care of them
Since then


No comments:

Post a Comment